- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 med leek, cut in half lengthwise, wash out dirt then thinly slice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 package veggie ground round
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1.5 cups frozen peas
- 4 lbs white sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk with 1tsp apple cider vinegar mixed together
Place sweet potatoes in a pot with lots of water and boil until tender.
Sauté the garlic in olive oil over medium heat for a couple minutes until browned, then add the carrot, leek and mushrooms. Cook until softened, then stir in the sage. Add the veggie ground round, peas, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a 13×9 pan.
When tender, drain the sweet potatoes, mash, and add butter, soured milk and salt and pepper. Spread over veggie filling. Bake at 350F for 55 minutes or until potatoes are golden and filling is bubbling.
Note: put a baking sheet under the pan to catch spills.
Serve with added nutritional yeast on top 👅 also reheats beautifully!